Strong Legal Representation For La Jolla

Law Offices of David A Kaufman Is Here To Answer Your Questions About Your Personal Injury Case

If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent actions, attorney David Kaufman may be able to help you file a personal injury claim. If you are unfamiliar with the process, it can feel overwhelming. Attorney Kaufman is here to answer your questions. In the meantime, please read some answers to frequently asked questions about personal injury cases.

What kinds of accidents qualify for a personal injury lawsuit?

A personal injury claim stems from any incident where someone else’s negligence caused the accident or injury. This can include motor vehicle accidents, medical and dental malpractice or premises liability accidents.

What can I get compensation for?

In California, you can pursue economic and noneconomic damages in personal injury cases. Economic damages include compensation related to expenses such as medical bills, rehabilitation and therapy, property damage and lost wages. Noneconomic damages cover intangible losses such as pain and suffering.

What if I am partially responsible for my accident?

California law allows accident victims to pursue compensation even when the victim is partially at fault for their accident. Under this comparative negligence standard, damages are allocated per the percentage of fault. For example, if you are 90% at fault for your motorcycle accident, you can pursue damages against another party for the remaining 10%.

How long do I have to file a personal injury claim?

The statute of limitations in California for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the injury. If you did not discover your injury immediately, you have one year from the date you discovered it. It is essential to contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible to get started on your case. Attorney Kaufman will help you gather evidence and speak with insurance companies on your behalf.

How long will my case take?

Every case is different, and how long it takes from filing to obtaining a settlement depends on the complexity and particulars of your situation. For example, claims that involve serious injuries and high medical costs may take longer to negotiate or litigate. When cases go to court, it generally takes longer. However, many personal injury cases settle before reaching that point.

Contact A Personal Injury Attorney Today To Discuss Your Case

Filing a personal injury claim can be overwhelming on top of everything else that came with your accident. However, if someone else caused your injury, you deserve compensation that will help you regain your life. Contact the Law Offices of David A Kaufman at 619-830-4328 or online to schedule a consultation in La Jolla and discuss your case.